Electronic and Information Technology
All public-facing VCU websites, including any web content, must comply with VCU’s web standards for accessibility, which follow the WCAG 2.0 Level AA accessibility standards. VCU provides specific guidance, training and technical assistance to the Web Users Group and Social Media Administrators Group through their meetings and listservs. Any unit with a website or social media account must have a representative in the appropriate group(s).
- VCU Web Standards and Guidelines
- Sign up for Web Users Group listerv.
- Sign up for the Social Media Administrators Group.
- Captioning: VCU provides guidelines, definitions and approved vendors to help employees caption videos and audio recordings so they are accessible to all users.
- SiteImprove: This software continually crawls and analyzes webpages for accessibility errors, broken links, and spelling mistakes; results are then summarized in a dashboard for helpful insight into fixing the errors.
- Social media: Questions concerning captioning and accessibility on social media sites can be directed to email@example.com.
- Procurement: VCU’s Office of Procurement Services can assist in identifying vendors who can meet accessibility needs and in creating appropriate agreements.