Students with disabilities should contact the Student Accessibility and Educational Opportunity office in order to receive accommodations to ensure equal educational opportunities. Faculty and staff with disabilities seeking accommodations should contact the Office of Equity and Access Services. Students in the health sciences schools can contact the Division of Academic Success.


To receive funding in order to create a service, program or initiative that will improve accessibility, units can utilize The Quest Innovation Fund.

Web content authors should consult the Web Standards and Guidelines for tips and guidelines on creating accessible websites and check their work against the WCAG 2.0 Level AA guideline.


VCU provides accessible parking and accessible transportation. Additionally, the University provides maps showing accessible pathways.

Campus Life

University Housing provides accessible housing options for students living on campus. The Libraries offer accessibility services for their resources.